How can you register?

It’s simple: a cheek swab.

2 minutes to fill a form & 2 minutes to swab.

The swab is then sent to the lab where HLA Typing is done. All our testing is done at Labcorps in the USA, due to non-availability of equipment with any registry in India.

Once registered, donor becomes a voluntary international marrow donor. Within your own city, you can donate stem cells to a patient who may be anywhere in the world.

Your reports shall be saved in our registry till you are 60 years of age.

There are 78 similar orgnisations working around the world. By the protocols of international marrow donor registries, data is shared to help all needy patients across the globe.

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU ARE MATCH TO PATIENT?

APHERESIS: Peripheral blood stem cell (PBSC) donation is one of two methods of collecting stem cells from donor. PBSC donation is a nonsurgical procedure, called apheresis.

PREPARATION: Before donation, up to 5 days, an injection to the donor is given to multiply stem cells and bring them into blood stream for easier extraction.

DONATION: Similar to platelet donation process, stem cells are extracted. Blood from donor is removed through a needle in one arm and passed through a machine which extracts stem cells from the blood and; remaining blood is returned to the donors through a needle in the other arm.

TIMING: 90% of all PBSC donations are completed in 1 apheresis session, which may take up to 8 hours. The remaining 10% of the donations are completed in 2 apheresis sessions, which will take 4 to 6 hours each.

SIDE-EFFECTS: Very few donors have shown side effects like temporary headache.

 

RECOVERY OF DONOR: Recovery time is a week for over 75% donors and rest within 4 weeks.

WE ARE ONLY LOOKING TO GET COMMITTED DONORS, BECAUSE:

  1. If matched, you raise a hope for a patient, to a family that their loved one would be saved.
  2. We would like you to only raise the hope if you have the commitment to nurture the hope.
  3. Each donor’s HLA typing costs us INR 8000/-
  4. We are an independent organisation and Govt. has been unable to help any of the two registries of India so far.

Please click on BE A DONOR button to fill the registration form.

Or, please get in touch with the organisers.

 

Suscribe
FacebookDonorTwitter